Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Skirt

The morning before taking the machine to the repair guy I decided to whip this up.....
This shirt was just too big, but a lovely shade of lilac, with the little ruffle along the bottom and sleeves. So.... I decided to turn it into a skirt for T1.

I chopped it 'in half'' just below the bust dart.

Then sewed up the placket - must pin it next time as it was a bit wobbly. 4 year olds don't notice wobbly sewing - I hope!

I took the sleeve and chopped of a suitable pocket size, I ironed the sleeve seam to the center back, then sewed a line of top stitching to close the wrist opening. I folded the cut edge in and then top stitched it on to the side of the skirt. I used some gross grain ribbon to make a casing for the elastic, enclosing the raw top edge to enclose the edge in the casing. I threaded elastic through the casing from the inside where I'd cut a small slit.

Needless to say T1 was thrilled with her new skirt and wore it straight away....

2 comments:

black bear cabin said...

this skirt is totally adorable! nice work!!!

Christa Irell said...

Aren't you so clever! That is lovely- I have three girls and I know how much they would have loved that when they were little.

Free Blog Counter