Thursday 11 December 2008

ALQS


When ever I put a card in the mail I get a little nervous - I don't know why, as the postal system here is fabulous. It's like waiting to hear that a plane has landed or something. I've been stalking Lisa Jo's blog waiting for my baby to arrive in her home, super nervously - there was a lot more work in this than any card - it's there - yeahh! - and she loves it (phew!) I'm not sure the size of each block - but around 3.5 inches, should have measured it before it went, hand applique, hand 'quilted' with saskiko thread, machine pieced. I enjoyed making it once I figured out that my idea of a pink Japanese mosaic with inset seams wasn't right. I still have it in my head, I need to make a test piece for a larger quilt. Another time. Perhaps I should finish off all my larger quilts in progress first - the again I have lots of other things to finish off.
Anyway - it's there in her log cabin - thanks Kate for all her hard work organising the ALQS trade!
Today (Wednesday) was busy with tree erecting and decorating this morning - with 2 slightly over enthusiastic helpers. Baby was napping - when I brought her downstairs she was mesmerised by the lights. We had a birthday party in the afternoon - one of baby's friends - 10 children, but just 4 that were 'birthday' age - the rest siblings. Quite noisy, but good noisy! With delicious home made cake. We're at the halfway point of the holiday - and thanks to the mutual despair of other friends there has been something for us to do nearly everyday this week - perfect. Just a pity the weather is cold as it makes playing out not so nice.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Your LQ is stunning, no wonder you were aiting nervously to ake sure it arrived!

black bear cabin said...

it arrived safely and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! :)
although the Japanese quilt sounds pretty, and im sure i would have loved it as well...this one does fit our home rather fabulously! :)
Thank you again for all the other little goodies...you were too generous.
Happy Birthday to the little one...sounds like everyone had a great time!
cheers~
lisajo

Cotton Picker said...

I love this quilt.

Karen said...

Love it!

Free Blog Counter