Sunday, 22 February 2009

BQL Calender Challenge - February WIP

It was a grey snowy day - so I stayed in. I got to starch some of the KF fabrics last night, I finished the rest this morning. I didn't clean the iron afterwards...... I have had a major dilemma about how to orient this challenge - horizontal or vertical - it's stitch and flip. I was looking for an Amish-esque feel, but to getting big solid squares looked harsh - the original challenge was a little wonky - I took a look at the completed pieces and went for narrow strips, which I slightly tapered, I'm not sure if this was a good idea.

I'm not satisfied with the finished piece (bottom) The original plan I had in my head was for the red square (top)- February has Valentines after all - but it just didn't look right. So I took it out. When I was pressing it after joining it all together, the iron burped and out came clean water, which cleaned off the roasted starch from the iron sole-plate...... So I either have to wash the little quiltlet or live with beige and odd coloured spots.....
I will finish it - but I may make another..... Oriented the other way - I just can't handle the non-meeting corners, it's not random enough...... will see.... but I plan quilt this one with red thread as my homage to St V.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter