Friday 23 January 2009

Paris Aksesuar


I've spied this 'shop' many times on the way to the American Hospital in Nisantasi - This week I've been in the area twice and managed to figure out where the entrance is. This ribbon/trimmings shop is a whole floor of a big building, perhaps originally 2 or 4 small apartments, they have swathes of fur trims, boas, ribbons, glittery stuff - oh my - should I ever need a fancy collar or 'what-not' I know where to go. Hard to imagine this but I was so overwhelmed by the choices that I got NOTHING - I did need some white velvet ribbon, but completely forgot. The place is set out in small rooms, with shelves floor to ceiling, in front of each set of shelves is a metal frame on a sliding track with samples on it - some shelves have several frames - it's a great system as you can see all the stock, but way too much choice (this takes best haberdashers award off K Trimmings on Broadway in NY - better lighting and easier to see the stock....) Amazing - now I need to figure out what I 'need'.

The littles have 2 weeks of holiday starting today....

No comments:

Free Blog Counter