Saturday 31 January 2009

BQL Calender Challenge - WIP

I cut all the bits and got to a point at which I knew the original design would make me crazy - it all looked like fried eggs - So I cut them circular and then realised that I wouldn't be able to do the units first then assemble the blocks because of getting a good mix and the limited amount of time and fabric - so I made the ground then played with the circles.....


Ironically one of these looks just like the chart you get in the Optician's office - the rest remind me that I have a mammogram very soon..... maybe it's on my mind....
It was a good day - we are now past the halfway mark of the holidays and a 3 hour stint in one of the big malls with a couple of friends and their children - culminating in 7 children and 6 adults eating lunch in surprising peace made it a good day.
Back to the FME before it turns midnight.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter