Saturday 25 October 2008

Sneaky ... Halloween



OK, it's not too sneaky, but I have found a way around the ban. With the help of Barb and my brother, we figured out something I remembered from setting up the blog. You can set blogger so that you can email the blog and it does it's thing and puts up the text and pictures. We'll see how it goes, my baby brother got to see my blog for the first time too. So we're sorted - I hope. I'm not sure how the formatting will work either - lets give it a go eh?

It was THE Halloween Party today, T1 had requested a 'black and pink spotty fairy dress' - I had the fabric from the last trip to Osmanbey, so that was good. We sorted out the design Friday morning before school, I spent the day thinking about the construction, and then started late Friday night. She got up early this morning and tried it on, the skirt part was separate, and needed gathering in and attaching to the bodice, something I needed a 'fitting' for. Of course she was suitably impressed that I could fix it all. Plus her 'King Cole' which is her cape - made from fleece, and with a centre panel of the pink spotty fabric. Velcro and ribbon ties (just to be on the safe side) with a strip of fur on the collar - another request. She needed it today as it was rainy and 'cool' 13 degrees.

T2 was thrilled with his Spiderman costume. I usually hate store brought costumes as they are skimpy with the sizes and poorly constructed. This one was a surprise, the constructions and attention to detail are really very good and although we needed some tape to keep up the 'boots' it was a good fit - he was suitably thrilled, though in a room with a gazillion other littles there was another exact same Spiderman - there were a couple times I got the wrong child!

No comments:

Free Blog Counter