Sunday 19 October 2008

Incoming mail


Finished the ABC cards, well finished the first 4, the others (16) will go out in a 'Landscape' trade and then to the next Art2Mail group - I used Anything But Cotton - colour catchers, linen thread for the seed stitch and french knots, Polyester thread and wool yarn for the edges. They went off in the mail today. I had a pilgrimage to the PTT this lunchtime, en-route to serious grocery shopping. In our nearest 'town' there is a 'hole in the wall' stationary/art supplies store, the guy speaks excellent English, when my Turkish fails me, I do try - but he has 'everything' - really, except Black Setacolour paint..... It's one of those shops where you can not imagine any order - I would love to blog it, it's usually jam-packed with people, though next time I'll take my camera. That shop has elastic walls.

Waiting for me when I got home were these 2 cards, from Angela the cat - instantly claimed by T1, later prised from her mits.

Beth P - Autumn - Artsnthemail - these leaves I figure were 'rescued' from some artificial arrangement, then FME'd onto the ground, I do like this technique.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter