Tuesday 14 October 2008

Cat Cards



Rather than finish my BQL bag 0r any of the gazillion other bits that are lurking on the ironing board - I got a guilt trip and started one of the sets of cards I am 'slightly' late with - nothing sinister about being late, plain old forgot when they were due.
So these are Cats - surprise! 4 to send and one to keep. I used some 'new' paints and followed Judy Coates Perez's instructions - she is the veritable mistress of this technique IMHO. The paint I used was gloppy - almost like painting with peanut butter and I just wonder where my 'good' paintbrushes have all disappeared to. The paint seems to have dried, yet has some wet looking patches. I had hoped to do a little stitching on them - but I doubt the needle would pass through the fabric, it's so crunchy dense. They turned out well visually though - will finish them off soon. Very soon. I also started the ABC cards - will blog them Thursday I hope when there is more to show. Finally I have found a use for 'colour catchers' - the cards are turning out lovely. Lots of hand stitching.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the compliment. Are you using textile paints or acrylics? Textile paints should not make your fabric that stiff. See if you can find a source for Pebeo Setacolor paints, they will leave your fabric much softer. Stewart Gill paints from the UK are wonderful too, but they are pricey.

Dawn C said...

I used some Faber-Castell ones, my setacolour ones were finished off a while back. I got these to paint t-shirts with the litttles, perhaps I should have done that and hunted down good paints for myself... Thanks for the advice!

Free Blog Counter