Thursday 4 June 2009

Pre-loved


I have no issue with pre-loved items, I routinely acquire kids clothing and books. Most of my books leave the house once read via bookcrossing - which is super cool or else we'd be living in the Istanbul equivalent of the NYPL....
One of our friends is leaving soon and decided to have a clear out. Her household stuff went to one of the local charities but books and English language DVDs were not appropriate, so she decided to hold a swapping party - hopefully to give all the stuff away. We were encouraged to bring DVDs, books and nearly new/clothes with tags.... I went with 6 things and came back with about 10 - but that was OK. I came home with a gorgeous summer dress, as new - I adore the shell buttons, it's linen and just the perfect size, I'm SO thrilled about it! Some 'new' books and a beautiful new soft leather handbag - can you see my happy dance, I was slightly sceptical about it turning into a free-for-all, but it was very civilised, I got to meet a couple of new ladies, a few cups of coffee and a morning out with No3 - fun.....

2 comments:

black bear cabin said...

super cute dress...post some photos of you wearing it when you can :)

Shawna said...

My friends and I may do that before we travel abroad :) It's a very chic dress.

Shawna's Study Abroad

Free Blog Counter