Monday 27 April 2009

Did the earth move for you darling??

Living on the edge of a fault line brings the daily 'worry' of a earthquake (my personal paranoia more like!) we're waiting for the 'big one' in 1999 there was one in Yalova, the city was flattened. I know where to turn off the gas and water - but when there was a massive rumble half an hour ago I wondered how exactly I would get out of the house with 3 sleepy children, I have my torch with fresh batteries in and my bag with id's to hand. I can never tell when it's a REALLY BIG lorry going up the road at the end of the street or THE REAL THING - fortunately it's nearly always a lorry...... panic over.... will check the earthquake log later.....

One a positive note - Robbie sent me this card, which was unexpected - it reminds me of bottle bush trees - I need some random kindness - one of those days, even before the earth shook.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you stable thoughts - Stay safe, Dawn.

It has been many years since my city has quivered and shaken, yet we have had to quakes in recent months.

I'm glad the card arrived! I wasn't going to say anything as I wanted it to be a surprise.

Robbie

black bear cabin said...

I grew up in Los Angeles, so i am quite familiar with earthquakes...they can be very creepy...especially the aftershocks you feel all day afterwards.
May your children always remain safe...and your house always stand strong!!!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Hello Dawn, this is my first visit to your blog - via WW today, but this post caught my attention. I can understand your 'paranoia'. May all your quakes be large lorries. And I love this quilted card. A lovely gift.
Janice.

Free Blog Counter