Friday 8 August 2008

Green Postcards


So these are the finished panels - I had hoped to get 6 cards out of each one, alas, there was shrinkage due to the dense stitching, so I got 5 and a bit out of each. I edged them with cotton knitting yarn, I get no satisfaction trying to get perfect satin stitch - so have developed other edging techniques that I use when I can.






These cards were the 4 inch strip at the side, a couple are joined hence squeezing an additional card out of the series.


I'll keep this one. Some have gone to the AITM Rainbow 2 group (those without the black spotted fabric that I put in my mistake!) the rest have gone to the A2M G48 group. I slipped down to the PO yesterday afternoon so they should be in their new homes next week. Now I need to find a new hand project for sitting in waiting rooms. Perhaps I can scour the reject card box and pull something from there.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter