Thursday 11 September 2008

Incoming mail

A case of the blahs today, plus the task of dealing with the broken iron 10 months into a 2 year guarantee. At least the repair shop was 'near' and in a row of prime Wordless Wednesday buildings - only I forgot my camera, no worries as I have to go back tomorrow. I just hope it's fixed as it's a great iron. I get through an iron at least once a year, usually in the last week of the guarantee. This one might just last 2 years. I have a collection of irons with leaking water tanks, dings and other 'minor' problems. I need to get at least one of these fixed - they fix these things in Turkey rather than just trash them, which is great, but then again, you need to take them to the repair shop... lots of other domestic bits happening, no sewing, baby on the mend.
2 nice bits of mail -

Neocolour cards from Kate - I read Kate's blog daily and we have a frighteningly large number of things in common. I also had an email from a ex NY friend, who I've not seen for nearly 7 years, and was thinking about today - maybe one day I'll get to Maine - it was a nicely timed mail, feeling less blah-ey now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! Is beautifull your blog!!!
My name is Aldana. I am argentina but now I live in Spain
Do you want exchange a thimble with me?
Sorry but my english is so so
Hugs:


Aldi

Kate North said...

Things in common...not least of which is NEVER ENOUGH TIME to do all the lovely arty things we wish to do...

Free Blog Counter