Monday 31 August 2009

BQL Calender Challenge - August



As ever, Queen of the Last Minute, I finished the August challenge - following the previous 3 months I have not quilted it yet - I wanted a more summery, pastel type feeling, but it just looked like cat sick. So I went for this way. I wanted the eye to be teased by the interlocking pinwheels, not Kandy's original idea, as the pattern calls for mass half square triangle making followed by a design of your choice. this way I cut and placed, then messed with the placing, decided that the colours were 'wrong', cut some more, sewed them, frog stitched some, sewed some more, ironed, trimmed, sew, iron... I do like it, but it's not August for me.... plus I'm starting to loose interest in putting them all together as although I have used the same set of fabrics on them I'm not sure the ones I have will gel. Lets wait and see in December....

No comments:

Free Blog Counter