I've seen several references to fabric paper - so decided to make some, the long drying times has put me off - people have said it's 'days' the hot weather with a nice breeze should speed this up. I followed these directions roughly. I assembled all the bits, these I've been collecting for a while, threads and thin bits of fabric, some old sequins, the base fabric (I used some recycled open weave cotton) and the tissue for the top.
My original plan was for the fabric to look a little like 'sand' so I tinted the PVA glue with some acrylic paint.
I put a generous layer of the glue onto the backing - which was on a plastic sheet. I then started sprinkling the threads and chopped up fabric on the surface, trying to keep it even.