Friday 6 June 2008

Another little quilt swap

Kate invited me to join this group - I thought about it - then decided I wanted in. Last year I made this spotty quilt that went out to Kathy S in Illinois - hand applique, hand quilted, using shirting and with a wool bat - really great to work though it was a 'difficult' project as there were lots of other things happening at the time to deal with.
To Istanbul came the pink confection for T1 - she adores pink and big black cats - this time I've asked for a 'boy's quilt', no teasers yet on the ALQS blog, as for my quilt out - I'm thinking of trying a 'disaperaring 9 patch', applique is great for me to carry around and work while with the littles, but I really want to try this out - and given the size of the finished quilt I should only need to make 15 or so blocks that are 5.5 inches square - will figure out the maths when I make a trial block or two -

No comments:

Free Blog Counter