Monday 16 June 2008

Acanthus Mollis




The Acanthuses in the garden all originated from a very unhappy plant in my Glasgow garden, 4 or so years ago. It didn't fare too well in the original, shady, spot and I moved them to very full sun - the top picture, there are 2 good sized clumps there now, throwing up the purple-grey spikes willingly. They are such beauties this year too. When they were moved some root must have got left behind as there is a new patch of Acanthuses in the original spot. They are happy now and have thrown up a couple of spikes. They are not as large as the sunny spot ones, it will be interesting to see if the colour is different. I do keep finding small Acanthuses growing elsewhere, I assume it's all self set as I kept the flower spikes on the plants all winter.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter