Thursday 3 September 2009

Using the same technique


Above and below A4 size


'Spring' ATC


These 3 cards were made with the theme -wild weeds. I don't like yellow or orange flowers. In my garden they are 'weeds' I used a daisy type flower, there was quite a hole in the center so I stitched a sequin over it.


Hydrangeas. I built up the background first with the large leaves then used the layering technique as per the leaf tutorial. There was quite a 3D element to the larger petals, they distorted as I sewed down the edges, making it hard, so I sewed a single straight line down the center petal and back to the center of the flower, then sewed around the leaves using a figure of 8, a couple or 3 times.



This was the card which inspired me to look at this technique from Carol in AK.

1 comment:

Totty Teabag said...

I was the recipient of one of your "Weed" cards in an AWM swap. I pinched your technique and have used it a couple of times since then... thanks for the inspiration.

Free Blog Counter