Friday 10 July 2009

5 x 5 x 5


Somewhere I read there is a red thread linking events... wish I could find a link as all the stuff coming up with google isn't what I read - unless I'm thinking of something totally different - too late.....
FAT are having a challenge this week - they've given 5 emotions (Sorrow, Joy, Love, Surprise, Fear) and using a 5 inch square on 5 days you are supposed to produce a small piece. Alas the first 3 days I sat thinking and then wanted to make the whole 5 in a strip with the red connection. I'll then cut them apart. This is a piece of old Hungarian cloth, linen or cotton linen mix, with the thin red strip set into it. I have just straight stitched the divisions between each of the 5 sections as I'm going to work on this and want the sections to blend into each other a little.... may get most done tonight as there is a fantastic thunderstorm which, no doubt will throw the power into a spasm and make any technology useless.....

1 comment:

Totty Teabag said...

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."
--An ancient Chinese belief"

Free Blog Counter