Tuesday 27 May 2008

Mother of Zorro


We were invited to a 'Superhero' 4th birthday bash - my littles knowing no super heroes decided to go as a 'Princess ballerina' and 'in my shiny shirt'. The Princess ballerina costume was done - just a face mask to make. 'Shiny shirt' became the basis of the Zorro costume - I spent most of the morning and some of the afternoon making a Zorro cape to my exact specifications. It turned out great - I can unpick the Z in the future should we wish it to become a 'Dracula' or 'Red Ridding Hood' cape - I made it big enough on the closure to fit a waist - though a little long at the moment - it will make a good skirt or apron for future fancy dress... T2 was just so thrilled to wear his shiny shirt, with or without the cape.
The party was at a kids arts workshop, they made masks, ate a party tea, then had capes space dyed for them which are drying at the moment.......

No comments:

Free Blog Counter