Saturday 24 May 2008

BQL Bag Challenge - May bag

Work in progress. I started the May bag for the BQL Challenge yesterday morning, after faffing about over which fabrics to use for the past week, I discovered 2 lots of 2 identical FQ's of Japanese fabric from many moons ago when I subscribed to a 'club'. I have washed some of them, others are unwashed, all of them are 'too precious' to cut - alas the pile isn't going down and these auditioned very well - 4 FQ's gone for the outer, then a couple more for the lining. The pattern in a 3D bow tie, the first time I've done this, not something I would choose to do, a bit of a challenge really!
It's taking forever to pin, but it's good wholesome piecing at it's best. All the pinning has made it quite portable, I sat out in the garden, the littles played in the paddling pool. Baby did her 'cap-a-till-a' according to T1 (Caterpillar) impression, she's desperate to get onto her knees to start crawling. But it was perfect for sitting and pinning.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter