Friday 25 October 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Market Flashes

I was hunting something or another in the randomness that is my workroom and found this hanging, I had in my mind it was elsewhere - out of the house elsewhere so it was a pleasure to find it.  
It is made of 2 fronts, and to be hung over an internal window, the quilting is by hand and wool batting.
I made it way back in 2003 for a challenge that was being held by City Quilter in New York - it was also exhibited in Istanbul, perhaps that year or the year later I was living in Scotland at the time - it is well travelled. 
I never hung it in the window it was intended and now have moved. I do plan to hang it now it has re-emerged! The challenge fabric was a kind of Asian market scene. 15.5 by 16 inches.
I have misses a few of the quilt fests - Thank you to Amy once again for this twice yearly Herculean effort. Link to the Quilt festival here.

3 comments:

tirane93 said...

what a cute hanging! i love the wavy quilting on the boxes.

Geta Grama said...

very beautiful; is it pieced by hand ? I love the wavy lines.

CitricSugar said...

So interesting!! Love the way the curves play...

Free Blog Counter