Friday 30 October 2009

Pumpkin Pie


Turkish pumpkins have green skins, I recently got asked if we have orange or green skin pumpkins in England. Orange - usually. It's all the same inside. Turks candy pumpkin. I make soup, or risotto and for the first time in many, many moons, pumpkin pie. The littles asked for it (they must have heard about it from a book)
So, since today was (another) school holiday, we made pumpkin pie. I used fresh pumpkin of course and since there are no 'pie crusts' here, 500g of short crust pastry and some frozen rough puff for the mini ones.
It was delicious, a little too sweet, but that could have been a counting error, many cooks and all..... We made 24 small ones (fairy cake size) and a couple of big deep ones - a lot of mixture. I did take pictures, but the memory stick is in my camera, under my neighbours couch, where I hid it away from No3. The beginning of our Halloween social bonanza. I hope to retrieve it tomorrow, whilst similarly hoping that no other child has had it's mits on the afore mentioned camera......

No comments:

Free Blog Counter