Monday 28 April 2008

BQL Bag Challenge

April Bag - Each month of 2008 via BQL there is a bag pattern for free use (sorry the challenge is closed now!) this month's bag has an interesting gusset - and should have had 3 fabrics, I decided to use just 2 and to take the leaf and seed pattern from the main fabric and FME/FMQ the design on the gusset - it worked out well. This is it in progress.....
Main body fabric -before
after the FME
I decided that the Ikea fabric looked a little flat against the scrafito style of the FME on the gusset so I went over the design in black thread in a very loose way to relax the design a bit - I like the effect. That's another half meter of fabric used up from the stash......
This is excess from the piece I got last summer that I made into a table cloth and napkins.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter